Ellis opens it’s doors for breakfast every day at 7:15. School begins at 8:00 am. Kids eat breakfast in their classroom until 8:10. After 8:10 children are marked tardy. The school day finishes at 3:00 pm. Please pick up your child on the playground. If you need after school care please look into our FREE after school care offered through discovery link. Information is available here.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Doors open and breakfast is served at 7:15 am
- We do not have supervision available for students before 7:15 am, please do not drop students off before this time, thanks so much!
- A student is considered late if they arrive after 7:45 am, but we strongly encourage students to arrive by 7:15 am EVERY DAY!
- Please use the Kiss n Go Lane through the parking lot (entrance on Iowa St) between 7:15 am and 7:45 am when dropping students off for school
- The school day ends at 2:00 pm
- In order to ensure that all students end their day successfully, we will not release students within the last 30 minutes of the school day. Please make outside appointments accordingly and thank you for supporting your child’s whole education!
- Your child’s teacher will provide a map with end of day student pick up locations at our Meet and Greet before school starts. Maps will also be available in the front office.
- Please pick up your child at the end of the day at the designated pick up location
- Anyone that is picking up a student from school must be authorized in our student database system
- If we do not recognize you, we will ask you to present identification
- If you are not authorized, the student will not be released to you until we have verbal permission from the primary guardian
- Students must be picked up by 2:15 pm every day
- Our office closes at 2:30 pm and we will NOT have supervision available after that time
- Please see our Late Student Pick Up policy for more information