Ellis is proud to support the Denver Public Schools Shared Core Values:
- Students First
In addition to these, we work to integrate the following character strengths in everything we do:
- Integrity I do the right thing no matter what, and I keep my word.
- Perseverance- I keep trying even when it is challenging or after I have failed.
- Self-ControlI can control what I do and how I respond to the way I feel.
- Curiosity-I am always looking for ways to learn.
- Social Intelligence-I show respect and compassion toward all, and I am able to work with others to find solutions to problems.
- Optimism- I stay motivated and believe that effort will improve my future.
- Gratitude-I appreciate the opportunities and people in my life.
Our Ellis Touchstone is:
At Ellis we soar toward excellence in academics and character development.
We celebrate our mistakes because that is when we do our best learning.
We value our diversity because we believe it makes us a stronger community.
Every child has the right to define, pursue and achieve their dreams and we are
committed to supporting each other to make that a reality for every student at Ellis.