Academics & Programs
Ellis has a wide variety of programs to meet the diverse needs of all of our learners. In all grade levels we offer comprehensive English language instruction, as well as native language instruction and support for Spanish and Arabic speaking students.
- Math – Ellis uses the Everyday Mathematics program, which encourages students to learn critical thinking skills that help them approach math problems in different ways.
- Literacy – Our Kindergarten through third grade use the Denver Public Schools literacy framework. Fourth and fifth grade use the EngageNY literacy program, a rigorous curriculum aligned to Common Core State Standards.
- Science – Our students dive into science with BSCS Science Tracks. This program supports all students in becoming scientifically literate citizens.
- Social Studies – TCI’s online Social Studies Alive! programs teach students about the world around them in ways that make them excited to learn every day.
- Early Childhood Programs – Ellis offers three different programs to meet our community’s early childhood needs.
- Gifted and Talented Education – Our gifted and talented teacher works closely with classroom teachers to support students in small groups, aligning their work to their individual classroom goals.
In addition to the in-school academic programs, we offers a variety of engaging after-school activities:
- Open World Learning (OWL)
- Running Club
- Garden Club
- Jump Rope Club
- Soccer Club
- After School Tutoring